Saturday

P.S. I Love You - Handmade Scrapbook

Hello everyone,

A bit late but I am back.. :)
Today I have a very well written SCRAPBOOK entry from a very very talented crafter named- Krithika. :)

Here are the details of her project as she stated herself. :)

P.S. I Love You -- Scrapbook:

My project is a scrapbook which has a theme called P.S. I love you, impressed by the movie. It all started with a friend, who wanted to write-up something about her love, and keep it for herself as a personal diary with journals and photographs. 

So, I decided to give it a try with making my own pattern papers using stencils and stamps. In the scrapbook, the only place where I have used printed papers are for holding photographs. Rest, stamps and stencils from my own collection.

I decided to use pink for the entire project as the owner will be a girl. Hidden journals are kept within each page and stamped P.S.I love you at the end. I have used flowers at the front cover, and used flower stamps in most of the pages for creating a patterned background.

Techniques Used in the Project: 

I did not use any special techniques, except that I layered all stencils and stamps one by one. I first used stencils to cover my page completely, then used floral stamps to stamp on the pages, then used leaf stamps, and on top of that, used some fussy cut stamped images. I used Martha Stewart punches too to layer some of my pattern papers that are meant to hold photographs. 

Finally I distresses the edges of almost all pattern papers with my "Picked Raspberry" distress ink.

Here are the pictures of the final result:

P S I love you scrapbook


About the Crafter:

I am Krithika, basically a Telugu girl, born and brought up at Tamil Nadu. I was into pencil sketching and coloring during my school days and I had a long break after settling at Bangalore for a job. For some days, indeed, I did not have time to go for my passion. I happened to see a few handmade cards and explosion boxes that attracted me towards crafts, when I was searching for one of my friend's birthday. I was browsing almost all Facebook pages and blogs that said crafts and handmade. 

Finally I decided to give a try on Martha Stewart Punches and my crafting journey started since then. It was almost from Jan that I started crafting and I would say I am addicted to it these days. So, I should say, I am into this crafting world for the past six months.

You can visit here for more details..

0 comments:

Post a Comment