Monday

Creating backgrounds with Bokeh technique - handmade cards | Tutorial

Hello Lovely readers!!
Hope you all are fantastic even with this falling temperature... but am shivering hard since morning... It's too cold here.. ;) But if you have coffee, some colors, new things on mind, you rarely care about cold. Right? Yeah!! I did the same :D

I am on to another challenge by Craftyscrappers today and for the inspiration, we are working, as a team, on multiple new techniques to share with you guys. Once such new technique is Bokeh technique. I have created the background with the same and created this attractive card. The technique is basically a Japanese word which means blur.  Yes. Using the colors, we tend to blur the background color and give some amazing effects.

I tried few things in the beginning and created some amazing backgrounds - water color backgrounds and found that the results are good on dark colored backgrounds. Since it's my first try, it's not the perfect. Everything has a room for improvement so as they. :) Have a look at what the outcome is and detailed info after that. :)





This is the base that came up as I used the Bokeh technique on the water colored background.


Some of the backgrounds that taught me that only darker backgrounds will be more efficient are shown below:



Can you see the light circles in color white? The effect is present but least visible. May be I needed some darker ink.

Detailed Tutorial:

Requisites for the background: Plain white cardstock, water colors or distress inks or faber castle sketches. I preferred water colors for its dark colors; water brushes, white ink, daubers, stencils.
1. Spill the colors as you want and create a nice background using water colors. 
2. Take the stencil, I used circular ones. Use white ink with daubers and cover the circle with white ink. 
This will create an impression as the background is being lightened. 
3. Repeat the process at various places with different sizes. 
Once you feel sufficient, the background is done.

Materials used for the card:
Black ribbon, die cuts, red and black ink, stamp set.
Materials used:

Stamp set and die cuts are from Craftyscrappers. :)


So, this was it for the time being gals. I hope you enjoyed it thoroughly. I enjoyed creating this a lot. Do let me know your views on the same. :) 

Till then, take care and keep crafting!!

Cheers!

Rupali




2 comments: