Sunday

Mixed Media Diary - Step by Step Tutorial

Hey fellas!

Hope you are doing great!!
I have been away for some time, creating few things and writing few posts. I have been away from my crafts blog for quite some time as I took certain experiments and want to share one of my best creations so far. This is my favorite because of my love for diaries. :)

Coming up is the series of pictures of final creation followed by the step by step procedure.

Here is how I completed this project:


Step 1: I applied white Gesso all over the surface and let it dry. Then I started fixing the elements I chose for the project.


Step 2: Here is a look with all the tits bits fixed with tacky glue. 
Wait! Did you notice that gel pen refill? ;)


Step 3: Once all is fixed, let it dry and apply the white gesso all over. Use the heat gun to make it dry. 
Fingers crossed as I am working on mixed media after a long time... So, I am a bit skeptical how it will come out to be... So, Fingers crossed. 


Step 4: What about some embossing? I love it. I just used some writing textures' stamp and light blue embossing powder. 

Step 5: Emboss the texture using heat gun before you use spray paints. 



Step 6: Now that's an interesting one. You need to choose what colors you want... tip-i-tip-i tap, what color you want? ;)
I chose: Ocean Waves, Mystical Sky and Sweet shine shimmer spray colors from Craftyscrappers. 

Step 7: See the effect of first spray:


Now some magic of mystical sky. See how beautiful the embossed effect came up.


what about some sweet sunshine. 
Blue + Yellow = Green. Hence this effect.


Have a closer look at the resin frame. I added some matching sparkle to it.

Once all of it is dried up, I added some metallic silver color to bring out the highlights.

color sprays effect

Mixed media diary

Mixed media notebook


I hope you liked it. :)

Waiting for your feedback :)

Till then, keep crafting!! :)


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can i say rupali, I have Always loved your stunning work.. And this masterpiece totally took away my beat.. The way you have used ours shimmer sprays is incredible... Its super gorgeous.
    Love it.

    Keep up the fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Konica!
      You have always appreciated and motivated me. I love you for this. Always :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous work rupali

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work!! I love blue and this one is tooo beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete