Wednesday

Why and how paper crafting keeps me high?

Being high... people need different things to get high. Similarly, I need different things to get high... like writing a poem or paper crafting or eating favorite junk... Sounds similar?

But seriously, I get high when I see new and shining craft supplies, FREE shipping, heavy discounts, when I see someone's new creation, I find a new crafter, a new workshop or event in my city, new techniques, new ideas and what not. They all make me feel blessed, happy and different from many other people around me. So, I just wanted to see what makes me happy and is it identical to what you feel?

Today, this post does not hold any tutorial or a fancy creation but the 'self-realization'. Have a look and share your experiences too 

1. Happiness is handmade: 

Many things bring happiness but handmade is something which is my all time favorite. Whether someone makes it for me or I make it for someone... the beauty makes me ecstatic and I can't get enough of it. :D
It simply 'transfers' the love, the emotions, the care for you. If you are ever gifted a handmade thing, trust me, you are the luckiest person. 

2. Funny clients to keep you awake: 

We come across several people who actually order and several others who pretend to be the buyers. Such people(pretenders) keep me high because they have a fantastic sense of humor... but when it goes over your head, simply ask for an advance payment. They'll never bother you again.. lol.

There are a few others who ask you to ship the products in other part of the country with excessive customization but you have 4 hours to complete the order as I need the products exactly 3 days after today's conversation :P
There are certain more type of clients and here is the cheat sheet on how to deal with such different type of clients. ;) 

3. Gift yourself what you want: 

O Yeah! who doesn't like to be pampered? But if someone like me lacks this feeling in life, we crafters know very well how to pamper ourselves. We create something awesome and gift it to ourselves or exchange with each other :D

See an example:
I made this for myself :D 
From my crafty friend Manjit


4. Expenses are always greater than the earnings: 

This one makes me go crazy. How to manage finances? God knows... Job, no leaves, work extra, save more, sacrifice your favorite clothes or accessories or shoes to buy that paper pack or trimmer... Oh wait, I need flowers and pretty stickers too... Some more sacrifice baby... keeps me awake. :P

If that is not enough, I have my CA - my mommy to remind me of that :P 


5. Appreciations - my blood group is A(ppreciation)+. 

Of course we need food but without blood, will your body survive?

NO...

So, we need an ample amount of blood supply i.e. appreciation for all the efforts we do. :) Lack of which leads to lower energy levels. To keep my spirits & HB(hemoglobin) levels as required, I prefer clients who are never short of praises.

From owner of Papericious - Aastha Jain



6. You learn a new thing everyday: 

Learn & earn. I love this part of my passion. I try to learn newer things everyday. Yeah I am lazy to try all of them but I do try few of them... But knowing and increasing my knowledge levels is what keeps me going.


7. It can make you famous: 

Do your best and who knows you become a renowned person one day. I am waiting for mine day to come... :P

8. No rules: 

Its no rocket science and hence no rules to be followed - the best part probably. Moreover, you can see the results instantly which makes us satisfied or dissatisfied, letting us know what shall be done further. For a person like me, it is very necessary to have a change and result oriented tasks... different thinking and try what you want. :) 

9. Broader network: 

Through crafts, you can know more and more people around the world. It is crafts which helped me have a huge network and good friendship with cool people - from all around the country & some abroad as well. With more people in contact, you explore and learn more. 

I love connecting. Do you? 
For an introvert like me, its soooo much ;)


10. Make in India: 


We are buying Indian products and selling to Indians(majorly). Don't you think we are great enough to take part in MAKE IN INDIA campaign? ;) hehe..

On a serious note, if not me, we have many crafters/entrepreneurs who are doing exceptionally well in the industry and are able to build up a brand - making us all proud.




Pretty good reasons to follow your passion. Isn't it?

But honestly, I love crafting so I try to make best of the things and memories. Art is a God's gift and we must appreciate it. :)

What all keeps you HIGHly motivated?

Waiting to hear from you! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment